Sunday, March 31, 2013

March 17, 2013

What a crazy week! I wasn't home one night! I got my haircut on Monday and then went shopping for Teacher Appreciation gift bags etc. I am liking this new hair stylist so much! I get many compliments on my hair - something I haven't heard for a long time. We will have to have you go see her when you return. Tuesday and Wednesday, I was a guest lecturer at Metro for pre-service education majors. Technology in the classroom etc. Wednesday night we set up the church and did all the decorating for Teacher Appreciation until late. I had school and Battle of the Books until 4:00 on Thursday and then went straight to TA. It turned out fine but our guest speaker was very antsy and you could tell he wanted out of there and felt trapped. Trenton was in the play so we had a video of his tribute. It was very nice. I'm glad it is over and am now going to focus on the JustServe website. We have been working all weekend to write and research Elizabeth's project on the nervous system. I think I am now officially an expert on the Nervous System - the most important system in the body. It regulates your heart rate, breathing, digestion, memory and well just about everything you can think of. Anyway..... Elizabeth has her play this week and we got a cute pink and black pirate costume for her. Attached are some pictures from Jake's swimming meet. We missed both of them this week as one was in Fort Collins and the other was on Teacher Appreciation Night and Jake barely made it. He is the team captain and you will be able to see the lucky gnome in the picture. Rachel is in the play and has started rehearsal's full force. She is very excited. Dad has lost almost 30 pounds and walks for almost 2 hours every day. I walk with him on the weekend and then do my beach body cds at 5:00am every morning. However, I have not dropped much - as usual.... Take Care and let us know what you need! Love you! Mom Dear sweetheart, Sister Israelsen, Finally this week is over!!! Teacher appreciation is over for your mother and I am hoping that she takes a breather for a couple of days or even a week. Spring break starts next week, March 25th. Mom said that she hopes that she will be able to make it through the next 5 days. So teacher appreciation was really good! The key note speaker was the principal of Holy Family high school (A catholic school). I think he was a little nervous when they asked him, but he did a very good job, talking about the importance of families and teachers. Mom was doing a lot of running around at the last moment because a couple of seniors did not show up and their teacher was there waiting for this big tribute. Garron Tanner was one of them, but mom figured out how to get a hold of him and got him there before he needed to present. (Lucky) That would have been ackward!!? Jake gave such a great tribute, he was very funny and respectful to the teacher. His teacher hung around even after we started to clean up to talk to Jake, Mom, and me. I think she really liked it! Northglenn had their musical this weekend. "The Unsinkable Molly Brown". Trent was Molly's Father and Kawika had the lead roll as J.J. Brown, Molly's husband. He did a great job! It was fun to see all the old people from Northglenn. Joy, Mrs. Dill, the old set guy(forget his name). Seth Haley even designed and made a couple of the fancy dresses in the musical. he did a great job. I guess Kawika had some bad grades so the school would only let him perform 2 nights and I guess Trent took his part for the other day, which he had to learn in only 3 weeks. Oh, and Pam Malsh was there. I introduced myself and she had to ask who I was. Of course I said Megan and Jakes dad, then she was on board. She has retired and is teaching voice lessons all over the place and helped with the Northglenn musical So how are you doing? Are you feeling okay? Mom and I talked about the situation, has the doctor talked to you about going on birth control pills? In your moms family, this seems to be common issue and regulating your cycle with birth control pills seems to work well. I wonder if the pain that you have had in the past has nothing to do with you bowels getting blocked and more to do with the sist's all the time? We have been praying for you and hope that all is well. It sounded like your mission president was a little more level headed about the whole thing than his wife. We will keep praying for you. By the way we have not talked to anyone about this, not even the kids. This has just been between your mom and me, and you. I have to leave for one night this week for work but it happens to be on the one night that Elizabeth has a performance with her chior. She is a pirate and of course she is not excited about it at all. Oh well, I guess I'll have to watch it on dvd later. I LOVE YOU, sweetheart! I'm so proud of you and want you to have success. Sorry about the singing advice, my companion did not have a good voice and he only tried it a couple of times. But we did get in each time. maybe it was because his singing was so horrible and they felt bad for him. Did you see the blog last week? Mom, titled the blog "Dad's bad advice" oh well, you live and learn. Keep up the good work! DAD

No comments:

Post a Comment