Sunday, December 1, 2013

November 24, 2013

Turkey Toss for Primary Music Time
Hello Zuster!  

How are you?  It is so fun to get your letters.  I hope you are okay.  I've been meaning to ask you if you have deodorant left.  Also, I noticed that you got a little money out of your account.  There is plenty Megan, get what you need!  Buy something you want for Christmas!  I didn't send money in the Christmas box, so take some out of your account and get a present, take you and your companion out to dinner or whatever you want.  

We are celebrating Thanksgiving this week.  I have two days of school first though and then Jake is flying in Tuesday night and Kris and her family are driving over on Wednesday.  I am not sure how long they will be here but Jake is hoping for a day or two to just rest.  He wants sausage casserole.  Isn't that funny?  We are having the Ellis's over too.  We decided we needed two turkeys so I hope we have enough food for 26 people.  I went to Costco yesterday but still have some shopping to do. 

It seems like everything is breaking down though.  Rachel and I both had to have the batteries in our cars changed and the dishwasher is not working.  It broke over the weekend - wouldn't you know it right before Thanksgiving?  Dad is trying to get a repairman in here tomorrow.  We've been washing dishes by hand.  It is always something.  

I went to a meeting Tuesday night about the district's book selection policy.  It is interesting to see what they are looking at and the parents who were there and hoping for a better process to make sure that books are appropriate for the kids and their age.  The district almost re-wrote the whole policy.  It hasn't come to policy council yet.  I will be interested to see what it looks like when it arrives.  Wednesday, Christina and I did the PD for ER and we did it in Nearpod.  It was amazing and we rocked the house!  Thursday, Tara and I stayed after school to make purses out of hardback books with two girls who won an auction.  Friday, we stayed late to get some orders turned in and update the BYOD policies and FAQ's on the website.  It was a long week!  

We spent all day yesterday cleaning and shopping for Thanksgiving.  Today was Primary music and we did a Turkey Toss - picture attached.  The kids liked it and we even sang all of the article of faith from 1-12 in order.  They did great.  

Trent had his farewell today.  Can you believe he enters the MTC on December 3?  They are leaving Tuesday to go see family in UT and then drop him off at the MTC.  Rachel sang and so did Trent and the quartet which was Trent, Troy, Bro. Cleverly and Cory today.  I think there was a little communication problem to have two musical numbers and the meeting went until 1:25... It is fun to see Trent so excited to go on his mission.  I hope he enjoys his mission and isn't disappointed.  

I love you!
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment